At the heart of One Wear Freedom is the desire to R E S T O R E Mother Nature + her importance in our day-to-day lives. We pledge that all products, processes + features will either cut CO2 emissions or benefit the environment + our planet in some way through a complete circular fashion economy.
Back to Top
|Circular Economy||Zero Waste||Partners||Things YOU Can Do||Suppliers||Source of Clothes||Authenticity Pledge|
Circular Fashion Economy
First coined in 2014 by Anna Brismar, ‘Circular Fashion’ can be defined as: “clothes, shoes + accessories that are designed, sourced, produced + provided with the intention to be used + circulate responsibly + effectively in society for as long as possible in their most valuable form + hereafter return safely to the biosphere when no longer of human use.”
Having a Circular Fashion Economy is one of the most important aspects of One Wear Freedom - putting sustainability at the very core of all business systems + practices.
O W F 'S C I R C U L A R F A S H I O N E C O N O M Y
O W F + Z E R O W A S T E
- Reusable Boxes - made from reinforced recycled card + can be used up to 30 times with biodegradable labels + fastenings
- Tissue Paper - found inside the OWF boxes + is made from recycled materials. Tissue paper can be repurposed for other packaging/wrapping or send back to be re-used by OWF
- Security Tags - biodegradable paper tags made of post-consumer materials + embedded with stunning Wildflower Seeds
- New Designs + Off-Cuts - use of off-cuts to make accessories/patches + new collections are consciously designed using innovative + traditional methods to maximise use + lifespan
- Clothing End of OWF Use - if not sold but no longer of use, clothes will be recycled or striped to remanufacture the fabric or up-cycled into a new design
- Carbon Neutral Web Hosting - while Shopify doesn't run on renewable energy sources yet, they do purchase renewable energy credits to offset their carbon footprint + invest $5million every year in a Sustainability Fund with the goal to reverse climate change globally.
Eco-Friendly Initiatives - Taking a Closer Look
O U R P A R T N E R S:
- 1StopWash Laundry + Dry Cleaning use the most eco-friendly and environmentally safe cleaning system in the industry by using biodegradable, health-friendly, non-toxic detergents which also use 20% less water + 50% less energy than traditional dry cleaning.
- Oxwash is "determined to be the first truly sustainable, net-zero impact washing company in the world."
T H I N G S Y O U C A N D O
- Make your Order Carbon Neutral - We've partnered with Eco Cart to help you make more of an impact when you shop with us! By offsetting the environmental impact of browsing our website, ordering your garms + having them delivered, you are helping generate clean energy to displace fossil fuel-based grid power + for only a few extra pennies! The project we have chosen to support, provides Renewable Energy Wind Turbines to areas in Turkey which displaces fossil fuel-based energy, diversifies the country’s energy balance, helps address demand supply gaps, and alleviates poverty in the local community by providing construction and operations jobs.
- In collaboration with One Tree Planted, a non-profit organisation focused on global reforestation, the equivalent of $1 spent per rental order will be donated to One Tree Planted who will plant 1 tree somewhere around the world on your behalf - helping to 'clean the air we breathe, filter the water we drink, + provide habitat to over 80% of the world's terrestrial biodiversity. Tress also provide jobs to over 1.6 billion people, absorb harmful carbon from the atmosphere, + are key ingredients in 25% of all medicines'.
- The bright yellow Security Tags that come attached to all hired garments are also biodegradable + filled with a mixture of Wildflower Seeds including Bird's Eye, Clarkia, Black Eyed Susan, Sweet Alyssum, Catchfly + Snapdragon. That not only means there's zero waste + a glorious, fun addition to your windowsill, balcony or garden, but you also get to help save the bees! It is estimated that 1/3 of the food we eat is a result of bees + other pollinators, + yet, in the past 5 years, approximately 1/3 of bees have disappeared. But, with every upcoming event and newly hired outfit, YOU get to help + create new habitats for bees - every little helps!
S U P P L I E R S
- Coffee Paper cards in packaging are made from 100% recycled material, with 25% minimum waste collected from coffee plantations in El Savador and Costa Rica, and is Process Chlorine Free (PCF) - which means that no additional chlorine-based bleaches are used in the recycling process. They also give extra income to commodity farmers in the global South, and reduces river pollution from dumped agro-industrial waste fibres (which amounts annually to 230,000 tonnes in Costa Rica alone). The fibre is shipped to the UK as packing material for bananas so it is also a transport by-product.
- Absolutely all suppliers, stationery + packaging equipment is produced from recycled materials + can be recycled/reused including the use of renewable energy, delivery boxes, stickers + other packaging materials, invoice receipts + even printing ink!
- Full List here.
S O U R C E O F C L O T H E S:
- The system of renting clothes is a sustainable initiative in itself + vastly extends the garments usage and life-span as clothes are worn over + over again, repaired +/ upcycled + used again - until their actual end of life
- Clothes are from a selection of sources - personal collections and donations of pre-loved, vintage or handmade unique items.
- Some collections also come from working with Traditional Artisans over the past 22 years in Afghanistan, Georgia, Papua New Guinea, India, South Africa and Fiji. Try searching one of these countries in the Search Bar (top left corner) to find their creations!
- In the future, we hope to collaborate with some incredible + innovative sustainable brands, collect deadstock +/ used returns meant for landfill!
- See full description here.
A U T H E N T I C I T Y P L E D G E
We believe all women (+ people) should love + embrace who they are - in the skin + body they are in. And that is why we pledge to Authenticity - ensuring that what we present to the world is true, genuine + real. Women Unedited.
- We like our women like we like our clothes - an eclectic fusion from around the world. That means we believe in: All Women, All Sizes, All Shapes, All Shades, All Ages, All Beliefs + All Perfect Imperfections!
- We also believe there should be No Alterations, No Touch-Ups, No Misrepresentation of Models or Clothes in any imagery or promo - there is nothing wrong with scars, pimples, rolls, cellulite etc etc. They all make us HUMAN. They make us uniquely beautiful + they make us who we are!
- As of Dec 2020, all images have been taken on a iPhone 10 + iPhone 11 Pro.
As the UK's 1st 100% eco-friendly clothing hire service, One Wear Freedom aims to be completely transparent + ethical in all facets.
For further information, enquiries, suggestions, or if you'd like to get involved - please C O N T A C T U S .