At the heart of One Wear Freedom is the desire to R E S T O R E Mother Nature + her importance in our day-to-day lives. We pledge that all products, processes + features will either cut CO2 emissions or benefit the environment + our planet in some way through a complete circular fashion economy.
Circular Fashion Economy
First coined in 2014 by Anna Brismar, ‘Circular Fashion’ can be defined as: “clothes, shoes + accessories that are designed, sourced, produced + provided with the intention to be used + circulate responsibly + effectively in society for as long as possible in their most valuable form + hereafter return safely to the biosphere when no longer of human use.”
Having a Circular Fashion Economy is one of the most important aspects of One Wear Freedom - putting sustainability at the very core of all business systems + practices.
O W F ' S C I R C U L A R F A S H I O N E C O N O M Y
P A R T N E R S:
- 1StopWash Laundry + Dry Cleaning use the most eco-friendly and environmentally safe cleaning system in the industry by using biodegradable, health-friendly, non-toxic detergents which also use 20% less water + 50% less energy than traditional dry cleaning.
- DPD Delivery has made several major green advancements already, from the use of electric vehicles, to smart delivery + green packaging. DPD is aiming to become the 'greenest delivery company on this planet'!
C U S T O M E R C O N T R I B U T I O N S
- In collaboration with One Tree Planted, a non-profit organisation focused on global reforestation, the equivalent of $1 spent per rental order will be donated to One Tree Planted who will plant 1 tree somewhere around the world on your behalf - helping to 'clean the air we breathe, filter the water we drink, + provide habitat to over 80% of the world's terrestrial biodiversity. Tress also provide jobs to over 1.6 billion people, absorb harmful carbon from the atmosphere, + are key ingredients in 25% of all medicines'.
- The bright yellow Security Tags that come attached to all hired garments are also biodegradable + filled with a mixture of Wildflower Seeds including Bird's Eye, Clarkia, Black Eyed Susan, Sweet Alyssum, Catchfly + Snapdragon. That not only means there's zero waste + a glorious, fun addition to your windowsill, balcony or garden, but you also get to help save the bees! It is estimated that 1/3 of the food we eat is a result of bees + other pollinators, + yet, in the past 5 years, approximately 1/3 of bees have disappeared. But, with every upcoming event and newly hired outfit, YOU get to help + create new habitats for bees - every little helps!
S U P P L I E R S:
- Absolutely all suppliers, stationery + packaging equipment is produced from recycled materials + can be recycled/reused including the use of renewable energy, delivery boxes, stickers + other packaging materials, invoice receipts + even printing ink! Full List here.
S O U R C E O F C L O T H E S:
- The system of renting clothes is a sustainable initiative in itself + vastly extends the garments usage and life as clothes are worn over + over again, repaired +/ upcycled + used again - until their actual end of life
- Clothes are from a selection of sources - personal collections and donations of second-hand, vintage or handmade unique items.
- Some collections also come from working with Traditional Artisans in Afghanistan, Georgia, Papua New Guinea, India, South Africa and Fiji. Try searching one of these countries in the Search Bar (top left corner) to find their creations!
- In the future, we hope to collaborate with some incredible + innovative sustainable brands, collect deadstock +/ used returns meant for landfill!
- See full description here.
As the UK's 1st 100% eco-friendly clothing hire service, One Wear Freedom aims to be completely transparent + ethical in all facets.
For further information, enquiries, suggestions, or if you'd like to get involved - please C O N T A C T U S .